To ensure alignment with EnDev’s strategy and targets as well as optimizing on additionality in line with advances in market development, EnDev performs regular portfolio reviews, which feed directly into the preparation of the programming of country activities. The programming is conducted roughly every second year and is an important strategic process during which countries develop proposals for the next implementation phase.
DEM was contracted by EnDev to support the HQ team in carrying out the review and programming process. As part of this assignment, DEM supports A) the portfolio review and B) the programming cycle covering 01.07.2023 until 31.12.2025 by
1) Portfolio review: Assessing EnDev’s portfolio country by country and making recommendations for strategic portfolio development, and
2) Programming: Reviewing and providing feedback on country proposals with regards to a number of thematic areas.
- Review and editing of 18 Project Analysis Sheets and drafting 1 new Project Analysis Sheets
- Additional country specific review of multi-country projects
- Support during report preparation
- Strategic support for EnDev management
- Review of 20 draft proposals
- Participation in and documentation of the 3-day country programming seminar