In the period 2019-2020 EnDev activities in seven countries were (partially) phased out. These countries included Central America (region), Peru, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam. In order to assess sector development and the sustainability of its interventions, EnDev commissions for each Phase Out Country (POC) both an exit study after ceasing interventions (baseline) and a post-project evaluation in two years to assess sector development and the sustainability and impact of the EnDev interventions.
This multi-study consultancy agreement includes two components with an optional third component:
- Component A: to deliver two (2) exit studies in Cambodia and Vietnam
- Component B: to deliver seven (7) ex post studies
- Optional component C: to deliver additional studies on a need basis for example when an additional country activity will be phased out.
For each study, DEM performs the following services
- Development of Evaluation Matrix based in the OECD-DAC criteria and the evaluation questions in ToR;
- Desk review of documents;
- Stakeholder mapping and Interviews;
- Evaluation report, summary report and EAMD scorecard
There are multiple exchanges with the client and resource persons knowledgeable of the phased-out project during the study to ensure that the findings are adequately substantiated.