The Nigerian Building Energy Efficiency Code (BEEC) was developed in 2017.
Through this project we support the Nigerian Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Housing Sector) and at least three selected states on building energy efficiency implementation strategy.
We support the implementation of the BEEC through comprehensive technical assistance in the following areas:
- Adoption of the Building Energy Efficiency Code at State level
- Capacity building on Building Energy Efficiency Code Implementation
- Execution of 10 energy audits in public buildings at federal and state level. This support on audits, especially regarding trainings, will take into consideration the energy audit trainings that have been implemented during the first phase of the Nigerian energy support programme
- Support towards 10 private housing developers in the review of their building designs to take into consideration the
- Building Energy Efficiency Code requirements
- Strategic communication on the Building Energy Efficiency Codes and the benefits