We provided capacity development and technical assistance for Institutional Strengthening of the National Energy Management Committee in Energy Policy and Planning to the Government of Myanmar to strengthen the ability of the National Energy Management Committee (NEMC) to prepare policies and strategies in the energy sector.
- Conduct participatory consultation activities within the NEMC to determine issues and areas requiring strategic and policy advice and action plans for the overall energy, energy efficiency, and renewable energy.
- Design, organise, facilitate and document public stakeholder discussions with a range of stakeholders, including civil society.
- Set up the coordination mechanism among the eight concerned ministries in formulating overall energy sector policy, strategy, and planning; and promote energy efficiency and renewable energy development, including developing institutional development plans and identifying support needed and action plans.
- Review the existing energy sector laws, policies, and strategies and finalise energy policy and strategy papers.
- Prepare long-term oil and natural gas development strategy, including natural gas pipeline rehabilitation and expansion plan.