The project’s objective was to deliver a GHG reduction roadmap in order to develop an economically viable low-carbon industrial sector in Thailand. Mitigation opportunities needed to be explored, including the application of new technologies and development of more efficient industrial processes.
The project aims to develop a GHG reduction roadmap for three industrial sub-sectors of the Thai economy. This roadmap shall be supported by:
- An updated and improved GHG inventory for the selected sub-sectors, in conformity with international standards for accurate emissions reporting.
- A credible evidence base of actual and projected emissions, mitigation potential, abatement technologies, policy measures, and economic impact analysis for the selected sub-sectors.
- The identification and prioritization of comprehensive emissions mitigation policies, which have the support of businesses and government.
- An enhanced capacity for coordination and technical and economic analysis within the Government of Thailand and the private sector in relation to GHG inventories, emission projections, mitigation opportunities, and economic impact assessment of mitigation measures on the selected sub-sectors.
DEM provided the following services:
- Production of emissions projections for the selected sub-sectors
- Identification of industry emissions reductions measures and costs (Technical and economic analysis)
- Development of GHG Reduction Roadmap