The Saidabad III project objectives are to provide water for about 4.5 million people including the poor and disadvantaged in Dhaka's low-income communities.
Danida Sustainable Infrastructure Finance(DSIF) will provide loan financing for Component 2.
Bangladesh Process Consultancy Services forSaidabad III Water Treatment Project (Component 2):
The Saidabad III project objectives ate toprovide water for about 4.5 million people including the poot and disadvantagedin Dhaka's low-income communities.
The project comprises the following three components:
– Component 1: A new raw water intake at Meghna River and transmission line to convey 900,000 m3 /d to water treatment plants at Saidabad in Dhaka
– Component 2: A new Water Treatment Plant (450,000 m3/d) and sludge treatment facility with capacity to serve the entire site of Saidabad
– Component 3: Extension of the primary and secondary distribution networks that carry the treated water to consumers.
The other contributors to the project are Agence Française de Développement (AFD), the European Investment Bank(EIB), and Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
AFD, EIB, and KfW will provide loan financing for Component 1 and AFD and KfW will provide loan fìnancing for Component 3. DWASA will finance household connections.
· Component 1: AFD, EIB, and KfW
· Component 2: DSIF (project at hand)
· Component 3: AFD and KfW
Image source: DSC