The objective of this study was to assess the feasibility of introducing energy sector (both electric power and gas) demand-side management (DSM) measures into its overall strategy of meeting current and projected demand.
This included: tariff/pricing mechanisms, utility load management programs and regulatory incentives/mandates for utilities to pursue DSM strategies and develop targets.
We achieved the following results:
- Existing energy efficiency initiatives in Armenia reviewed and summarised
- Historic and projected electricity patterns and loads for end–users analyzed and areas where DSM strategies could be implemented determined
- A long-list of measures identified
- Recommended measures analysed in-depth
- Institutional capacity building needs to implement and monitor recommended measures identified and DSM action plan established