We developed and maintained a living pipeline containing in the magnitude of 15 projects or 4 million CERs, to be contracted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs within 12 months taking due account of the priorities and price policy of the Danish CDM programme.
We were assigned to:
- To identify potential CDM projects in Malaysia with the potential of generating CERs to be purchased by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- To develop necessary documentation for a number of selected projects, including Project Idea Note (PIN) and Project Design Document (PDD), and provide follow-up for approval of these selected projects by the Designated National Authority for subsequent approval by the CDM Executive Board.
- To assist and advise the Danish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur before and during negotiations on Letter of Intent (LoI) and Emission Reductions Purchase Agreement (ERPA) and participate in monitoring on-going CDM-project generating CERs to Denmark.
- To promote increased capacity and awareness of local Malaysian Consultants and project owners of CDM through their active involvement in identification and preparation of CDM projects.
- To provide relevant technical advice to the Danish Embassy on climate change and CDM, including information on market trends, methodology developments, etc.