Study for the European Investment Bank
Sep 22, 2021
We are proud of the positive feedback and publication of the study: “Contribution of Investment Projects to the European Security Initiative – Cyber Security" that DEM has successfully implemented for the European Investment Bank.
The purposes of the assignment were the following:
- To undertake a review of the EIB’s sectoral notes that establish which types of cybersecurity related investments are eligible based on the sectoral lending policies.
- To refine the thinking/approach outlined in the notes, based on the service provider’s experience in cybersecurity and propose an alternative approach if appropriate.
- To quantify cybersecurity related investments for each project type in different sectors and provide a methodology that could be applicable also to other financiers and project promoters.
- To confirm quantified figures through a targeted project promoter engagement, which will be managed by the Bank and by one or two other potential financing institutions.
The results achieved were these:
- Approach for identifying cybersecurity related investments for each project type in different sectors.
- Report showing cybersecurity related components of investment projects and their costs.
- Definition of the most suitable metrics, and default values of cybersecurity related investments for each project type in different sectors.
- Final report based on findings and conclusions of the assignment.
Read the report here: Contribution of Investment Projects to The European Security Initiative – Cybersecurity