- Market Areas: Sustainability Management
Our innovative solutions focus on both economic, social and environmental sustainability and has a positive impact on UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Energy management leads to a minimization of energy consumption and day to day costs, and as a result, more resources are available for the primary activities of an organization. Good energy management happens when management takes responsibility for the energy operations and allows for technology and proper energy behavior to cooperate. Energy management comprises of systematic energy audits of buildings and technical facilities and these help to identify savings, sometimes amounting to 50 % of the yearly energy costs. With proper energy behavior and daily energy management-related routines, one can typically add 10 % to those savings.
Simplified, energy management concerns itself with the following:
- ELIMINATING unnecessary energy consumption
- Optimizing the EFFICIENCY of the energy consumption
- Using energy only when and where there is NEED
- Creating AWARENESS of the energy consumption
Both in Denmark and abroad, DEM pioneers in energy management and we work with developing energy management systems for small and large, private and public organizations.
Our energy management consultations are based on the international Energy Management Standard ISO 50001, in which the 4 phases of the energy management annual cycle are incorporated: Plan – Do – Check – Act.
Most importantly, we always base our activities on the current energy related work of an organization. Thus, we always offer a preliminary walkthrough audit, where we identify the current status in collaboration with key employees of the organization.
In accordance with the law, large organization are often obligated to have an independent energy inspection conducted every 4 years. This requirement will make an exception of organizations that instead have a certified energy management system, such as the ISO 50001 energy management, in which an energy inspection is entailed in the management system.
Whether the goal is an actual energy management certification or a light-version, we can tailor an energy management solution that will imply maximum value for the organization, one that is based on preexisting energy management, data, consumption and routines.
Our consultation comprises:
- Idea- and concept development for the development and implementation of energy management systems in buildings and industry processes
- Screening of buildings and technical facilities, and mapping of the current energy consumption and possible energy savings
- Development of energy policies and objectives for the energy consumption of the organization
- Establishment of an energy management team, with clear and well-defined rolls for the work with energy routines
- The development of all operational tools, plans of action and prioritizing-tools to be employed in all phases in the annual cycle
- Competence development and development of communications activities
- Quality assurance and supervision in the implementation phase
- Market Areas: Sustainability & Energy Management