- About: Sustainable Development Goals
Our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals is firmly embedded in everything we do, in Denmark and abroad, in developed and developing nations alike.
- Sustainable Development Goals
At DEM, we understand that the business case for sustainability is well established. Having identified the SDGs that are closely related to our market area, we are able to integrate these goals across our business in a holistic way. This will create value not only for ourselves, but also for our partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders by for example stimulating product and service innovation, identifying and developing new market segments, increasing sales, strengthening our brand, improving operational efficiency and reducing employee turnover.
By aligning with the SDGs we can set more meaningful goals for ourselves, and communicate more effectively about our commitment to sustainable development.
Principles for measurement towards the SDGs
“In measuring our work and progress towards SDG 7, 11, 13 and 17, we are guided by the ten principles for Global Monitoring set out in the Indicators and Monitoring Framework for the Sustainable Development Goals: Launching a Data Revolution (2015).”
Ten principles for Global Monitoring:
- Limited in number and globally harmonized indicators
- Simple, single-variable indicators, with straightforward policy implications
- Allow for high frequency monitoring
- Consensus based, in line with international standards and system-based information
- Constructed from well-established data sources
- Mainly outcome-focused
- Science-based and forward-looking
- A proxy for broader issues and conditions