- Market Areas: Sustainability Management
Our innovative solutions focus on both economic, social and environmental sustainability and has a positive impact on UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Sustainable behavior is without costs and from experience we know that users who are aware of their behavior has a great impact on the energy- and resource consumption of an organisation. For that reason, we take an integrated approach in our consulting that combines technical solutions with behavioral influence. By means of determined behavioral influences, work concerning knowledge building and the influences of the actions of the users in all types of properties and organizations, including kinder gardens, schools, universities, administrational buildings, municipalities, etc. is conducted.
New knowledge and attitudes lead to concrete behavioral changes in every-day life. It is the experience of DEM that it is important that the users have the required knowledge of energy- and resource savings, in order for them to revise their own behavioral patterns. Therefore, all our behavioral initiatives are composed in such a way, that it works with the knowledge, stances and behavior of the given target group. In this way, the sustainable behavior is embedded in every-day life, resulting in measurable savings.
A behavior-regulating procedure typically entails the following phases:
- Mapping and preparation (determination of who comprises the target groups, surveys, inspections rounds, interviews, motivational factors, plans of action, decisions on materials etc.)
- Implementation of concrete behavioral initiatives (education, campaigns, making consumption visible, green ambassadors, competitions, workshops etc.)
- Follow-up (surveys, new inspection rounds, experience meetings etc.)
- Maintenance and potential repetitions (reports of sustainability and energy management, news-letters, stories of success on social media, intranet etc.)
- Development and planning of the procedure for sustainable behavior
- Development of determined behavioral material for all target groups – children and adults, school students, university students and employees, private as well as public companies and organizations
- Before and after measurements of the effect of the behavioral initiatives
- Communication and behavioral influences by means of social media and digital platforms
- Education, training programs and workshops
- Market Areas: Sustainability & Energy Management