- Market Areas: Sustainability Management
Our innovative solutions focus on both economic, social and environmental sustainability and has a positive impact on UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
We develop a well-documented energy audit approach to assist in finding the best information for improvement opportunities.
Energy audit services are a key part of our dedicated energy services and a first step towards a comprehensive energy management strategy and energy improvement. Our audit provides a clear understanding of energy consumption in buildings and facilities. Quantitative findings can provide substantial practical guidelines for continuous improvement in production efficiency and identifying cost saving opportunities in energy efficiency.
We use the terms Preliminary Audit and Detailed Audit to refer to the level of detail with which the audit is concerned. The Preliminary Audit starts at a relatively high level in the structure of energy consuming systems—perhaps the entire site or facility—and addresses a level of detail that permits at minimum the identification of areas of the building that potentially may yield energy management opportunities; Preliminary Audits have a broad physical extent and lower level of detail. The Detailed Audit works through analysis to greater levels of detail. Generally, as the level of detail of the audit increases, the physical extent would decrease.
A diverse range of buildings and industries have already experienced improved energy and production efficiency following our energy audit services. DEM provides technical assistance to ministries and local governments in the establishment of national energy audit schemes including curricula development and training of national energy audit teams.
- Walk-through Inspections – preliminary and detailed
- Analysis of energy consumption, costs, usage pattern and comparison of energy performance concluded in an inventory energy use
- Identification of energy management opportunities
- Energy and cost savings analysis
- Reports for action on findings and communicated as required for implementation
- Institutional capacity building, training and curricula development
- Market Areas: Sustainability & Energy Management