- Market Areas: Monitoring & Evaluation
We are one of the world’s leading providers of Monitoring and Evaluation services for development aid.
Over the past 20 years, we have monitored and evaluated more than 2,000 international development projects in all sectors and on all continents – Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Monitoring & Evaluation
We have been contributing to building the evidence base towards more effective development aid for more than 25 years, globally and across multiple sectors. Having assessed over 2,000 international development projects, we have advised on current result-oriented Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) methodologies. Our services cover the entire project cycle, and at all levels of the results framework (results, outcomes and impact):
Programme and project M&E
- Developing M&E frameworks during project and programme design
- Assessing M&E frameworks and providing recommendations for their improvement
- Monitoring of project progress and sharing knowledge products to inform future programming
- Providing training to project implementers and donors
- Providing technical assistance to project managers in M&E
- Performing mid-term and end of project evaluations
- Performing ad hoc studies for knowledge sharing and lessons learning.
Climate change monitoring
- Development of measurement and verification (M&V) frameworks
- Verifying achieved savings
- Technical assistance to carbon financing mechanisms
- Providing advisory services to project implementers
In more recent years, we have focused our attention on our passion – SDG no. 7: Ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. Key assignments include the impact assessment of the Energy for Rural Transformation programme in Uganda (World Bank), Technical Assistance EU for the Monitoring of the projects supported by the ACP-EU Energy Facility (EU, 2009- ongoing), the Review of Evaluation Systems for the OECD and the Renewable Energy Market Landscape Study for 15 countries in East and southern Africa (MFA Finland, DFID, ADA). In addition, we have established the first National Energy Efficiency Monitoring System for the Government of South Africa, developing the data supply chain and enhancing local capacity in national monitoring.
- services: Monitoring & Evaluation Morten Søndergaard+45 2248 6607Kresten Sørensen+45 3143 5313ANALYSIS – SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IMPACTS OF ENERGY ACCESS: