Student Assistant in an International Development Consultancy Company
DEM – Danish Energy Management offers an interesting position as Student Assistant. As Student Assistant, you will be part of the DEMs Business Development Team responsible for developing bids for development projects funded by international donor agencies such as the EU, World Bank, ADB, UN, Danida etc.
What we do
We were founded in 1986 and are one of the leading international consulting and planning firms. The headquarter is located in Aarhus, and we also have an office in Copenhagen. We handle all components of the project cycle of development projects within various sectors. We are an industry leader with an expanded expert base and experience. We focus primarily on projects related to energy, climate change, sustainable urban development, and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E).
The International Operations of DEM is focused on development sector projects and responds to call for proposals from some of the major bilateral and multilateral donors and financing institutions around the world. Among others, this division is responsible for identifying partners and developing cooperation, tender management, supporting the preparation of technical and financial offers, and identifying and recruiting external consultants.
We are seeking an ambitious and motivated Student Assistant, to be part of the Business Development Team and be involved in the daily work such as project management and coordination of proposals.
Your main tasks will include, but not be limited, to:
- Monitor and screen for relevant project opportunities
- Identify external experts for new assignments through our existing network and other channels
- Assist with preparation of expression of interest and request for proposals for international tenders
- Establish and maintain communication and partnership with external experts and partners
- Update our internal and external databases
- Conduct background research and fact finding for energy and M&E projects
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Project Managers and sectoral experts
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master student within the fields of development studies, international relations, international business, political science, environment/energy, or any related fields with at least 2-3 years left of studying
- Flair for development aid and consulting in international cooperation
- Excellent research, analytical and drafting skills
- Thorough and systematic with a strong sense of detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a changing environment
- Proactive, systematic, and thorough in your approach to problem solving
- Fluent in oral and written English (our working language is English)
- International experience is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Danish, French, Arabic or Spanish) is an advantage, but not a requirement
On a more personal level, we are looking for a candidate who has a natural interest and experience with developing aid and the specific areas the company deals with. We often work with very tight deadlines, so you need to be able to engage, cooperate, and contribute to a team under a certain amount of stress. Finally, you thrive in an innovative, energetic, but relaxed environment with specialized experts.
We offer an interesting position with great possibilities of expanding your areas of work. We would expect you to work 15 hours per week, but it can be discussed according to your study programme’s schedule. You will receive a monthly remuneration.
Copenhagen or Aarhus. As soon as possible and maybe already 13 September.
Application and contact information
For further information about DEM – Danish Energy Management and our international projects, please go to www.dem.dk.
Please send your CV together with cover letter to: email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than September 19th 2021. We will be going through incoming applications on an on-going basis.
You are welcome to contact Carole Kouassi, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.